Available Job Posting
Quality Control Inspector
|Vendor Control Service, Inc.||PHONE:
The quality inspector shall travel to various supplier facilities to perform visual and dimensional inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, customer purchase order(s), industry standards, and specifications. The inspector will be required to report inspection accept / reject information directly to the customer via web application. Requirements: Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard. Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs). The candidate must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers. Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) in accordance to the AS9102 standard and knowledge of applicable industry standards like IPC-A-610 or equivalent is highly desired. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years experience performing inspections in aerospace or military / defense manufacturing with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel. Comfortable working as an independent contractor (1099) on an as need basis. Relocation is not available
- Candidate should have experience with test operations and electronic components.
- Ability to use magnifying instruments
- Read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings and blue prints
- Experience with mechanical measurments.
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to witness test and understand electrical test data
- This is a contract position only 1099 contractor.
- Pays travel time and mileage.
- Pays portal to portal.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years experience at test and inspection in a manufacturing or production environment.
- IPC-610 certified a plus
- Computer/laptop required not supplied.
- Cell phone required not supplied.